I’m Temperance. Welcome to my little corner of the internet!
Since you’re here, I’m guessing you want to know something about me.
First thing’s first. This is my face.
I’m 27 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia with my best friend & DIY partner in crime, Liam. Here’s an obligatory picture of me with one of the locals:
In December, we’ll be moving into our first house (a cottage built in 1870) in Bendigo, a small regional city in Victoria. I’m going to document the process of creating a home here because (1) it seems fun and (2) it’s probably a better use of my time than watching 27 dog videos.
Until then, I’m just sharing the little bits and bobs I’m making for the future place. It’d be great to have you along for the ride (because who else is going to laugh at me when I attempt to use a wrench?)
Random facts about me
- I put peanut butter on practically everything.
- My ideal Friday night involves browsing Wikipedia articles and/or Reddit while wrapped in a blanket burrito.
- I’m a huge animal lover with a soft spot for dogs and birds.
- I love playing video games. My nan got me into gaming when I was three or four and it’s been a massive time-suck of a hobby ever since.
- I can’t sing to save my life, but do I let that stop my heartfelt renditions of My Chemical Romance songs? No.
- I’ve experienced mental illness since childhood and have a bunch of boring chronic health problems. I don’t mention it much, but if I ever take a week to reply to you, that’s usually why. And in case you’re wondering: Yes, putting myself out there via this blog is mildly terrifying.
- I’m one of the clumsiest people you’ll ever meet. Show me a table and I’ll show you a new and exciting way to bash your shin into it.
- My favourite colour is purple (in case that wasn’t incredibly obvious).
- I love flowers but I’m absolutely terrible at gardening. I’m talking “killed nine cacti” terrible.
- I can’t drive past a pile of household junk put out for collection without stopping to have a look. I love repurposing junk and fixing up old furniture, both because I’m a bit of a hippie and because I’m really, really cheap.
- I’m really shy around new people, but once I get to know you I won’t shut up.
Have a beautiful day,